Participant Funding Program decision – Application from SRB Technologies (Canada) Inc. to renew its licence
The CNSC announced on August 30, 2021, that it was offering a total of $50,000 under its Participant Funding Program (PFP). This funding was to assist Indigenous peoples, members of the public, and stakeholders to participate in the Commission hearing process for the application from SRB Technologies (Canada) Inc.’s application to renew its Class IB nuclear substance processing facility operating licence.
The CNSC made PFP support available:
- for the provision of new, distinctive and valuable information to the CNSC through informed and topic-specific interventions
- to assist interested parties in participating in the licence application review and the Commission’s public hearing process for SRB Technologies (Canada) Inc.’s application to renew its licence
A funding review committee (FRC), independent from the CNSC, was established to review the funding applications received by the CNSC’s PFP administrator, and to make recommendations on the allocation of up to $50,000 for eligible applicants.
The FRC members were:
- Steve Burgess, retired Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency director
- Yves Leboeuf, retired Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency vice-president of operations
- Kurt Saunders, retired Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency director
- James Taylor, retired Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada senior advisor
The FRC met to review 5 PFP applications requesting a total of $61,489.
For more information on participant funding and how it works, including details about eligibility and funding criteria, read the PFP guide.
CNSC participant funding decision
The CNSC has carefully considered the FRC’s recommendations on the allocation of participant funding for the application from SRB Technologies (Canada) Inc. to renew its licence and has approved the reimbursement of up to $39,218 to the following recipients:
|Applicant||Maximum amount of available funding|
|Algonquins of Pikwakanagan First Nation||$10,375|
|Algonquins of Ontario||$17,743|
|Concerned Citizens of Renfrew County||$8,100|
Participant Funding Program Administrator, CNSC
- Date modified: